Welcome to your Prep Guide!
Hi there! Your session is all booked, I hope you are excited as I am!
So now you're wondering what next??
Please take a moment to read through this handy guide I have put together for you. This is to help you get the most of your makeup, session and images, so please shoot me an email if you have any questions! firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT TO EXPECT
I am here to help guide you every step of the way, including the pep talks, virtual hugs, advice and anything else you need to settle those nerves. So here is some very important information to get through.
Step One: Pre-Payment Plan - If you were thinking of starting a pre-payment plan, let's get that all sorted for you! Please shoot me an email detailing how much you want to pay, at which frequency (weekly/fortnightly) and when to start. I will then send through your Pay Advantage Authorisation Form to sign. Boom now you get to add on themed experience to your day! Just a little thank you for choosing to pre-pay your session! We will go over this in your pre-session consultation.
Step Two: Book your appointments - You would have received a link to lock in a time to quickly go over any questions and styling etc which is called your pre-session consultation. It is best to book this for approximately 2 weeks prior to your session, so anything and everything can be discussed to make sure your experience is amazing. Then you'll need to book your routine beauty appointments. These suggestions are for anyone who wants or needs to make these appointments. They really do help in elevating your experience on the day and in your images.
- Hair: If you are due for colour or cut then book your appointment 1-2 weeks before your session date.
- Personal Grooming (waxing, ipl, laser): book your appointment at minimum 3 days prior to your session date.
- Eyebrows: your eyebrows can be done anytime 1-2 weeks in the lead up to your session date.
- Nails: Nothing worse than looking back at your images and noticing that chipped nail or nail polish. So book your nails for 2-5 days before your session date. For those who don't normally do their nails, a French Polish always looks super elegant.
It would be super beneficial for you to start doing some simple stretches if you don't already. There will be an abundance of arching your back, lifting feet, holding arms and using muscles you didn't even know you had. I have popped a link to a really handy YouTube Video by a wonderfully talented boudoir photographer in the US, Alyssa Michelle.
- Choose clothing and items you instinctively select when you want to feel and look sexy! Remember it's about your individuality - if you feel sexier in some Calvin Klein's then do that. If you feel sexier in an oversized jumper or something else, please go with what makes YOU feel yourself.
- Pick or buy clothing/lingerie that makes you feel comfortable and beautiful. Let your personal style and own personality shine through. A list of recommended lingerie brands are listed below.
- Feel free to bring personal and meaningful items to personalise your shoot. This could be certain lingerie, your partner’s business shirt, items that represent your life and hobbies. Think outside the box.
- BODYSUITS are hot and flatter EVERY body shape, they help you feel secure and look amazing.
- Buy lingerie and clothing that don't fit you properly.
- Buy any Babydoll Lingerie. They are very pretty, but very rarely flatter anyone’s body shape on camera and don’t photograph well. You'll be better off naked which is far more flattering than ANY lingerie!
- If you intend on getting a spray tan, PLEASE book with the ONLY Spray Tanner I personally suggest, Makeup Art Direct by Siobhan in Atwell. I have to say it again. It's easier to give your skin a nice glow in post processing than it is to even out and remove the orange tone from a tanner that I don't trust. Non Professional spray tans DO NOT PHOTOGRAPH WELL.
Timeline leading up to your session
7-5 Days before
- If you wax or shave, do so a few days beforehand to avoid any bumpiness or redness. If you don't normally wax or get IPL, please don't start now. You don't want to have a reaction and come to your session all red and blotchy.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely groomed and shaped.
- If you intend on visiting the hairdressers for a haircut or colour, do so beforehand to make sure you’re happy with it.
- A manicure and pedicure with a French or painted finish always give a nice touch.
- Stay out of the sun! Blotchy red skin doesn’t photograph well.
- If you intend on getting a spray tan, I highly recommend Makeup Art Direction by Siobhan in Atwell. Her spray tanning art is second to none! Otherwise, please avoid them.
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated.
- Try on your intended outfits and make sure they fit comfortably. Steam or iron to remove any wrinkles and hang them properly.
- Start stretching! Some of the posing will have you use muscles that you're not used to. Everyone who has done a session will agree, it's like a workout!
The day before
- Bathe and moisturize. Please wash your hair the night before, not the day of.
- Ensure all your items are packed and ready to go to avoid a mad, stressful rush in the morning.
- Make sure you know where you are going and plan your journey to avoid being late and rushed.
- Have a relaxed, quiet evening and a good night’s sleep to feel energized and refreshed in the morning.
The morning of
- Use clear deodorant to avoid stains and white marks.
- Wear loose fitting clothes to your session to avoid red marks and indents on your skin. Try to avoid bras and tight underwear.
- Eat a light but a filling breakfast before you leave.
- Arrive with a clean and moisturised face if you are getting pampered.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Relax and let’s have a good time!
Then comes your shoot day!! When we start, you'll instantly be at ease and the nerves will start to turn into excitement. I guarantee your session will be full of fun, laughter, chit chat and more! Hair and Makeup will first begin to get you more relaxed and feeling pampered (as you deserve!). While you're in the makeup chair I can lay out all your outfits on the bed and choose which would be best to start with. If I have permission, I will also create some stories and videos to help remember the excitement of your day. Then once your hair and makeup artist has finished and you're enthusiastically loving your look, she will leave us and we will get started.
Now the next fun part, your session! You get to have a look through my client closet to see if there is anything you would like to use and put aside. Then before we start I will go over some pointers and induct you into the world of posing. Don't worry though, I will am there to pose you the whole way and I'll even get into the poses to show you. My quirkiness will start to shine as we are having fun, laughing and I'll even show you some sneak peeks on the back of my camera. Those nerves would have completely dissolved as you finally see yourself, and how I see you. As we mix up the outfits and shoot all around the studio we will get a good variety of images for you to choose from. Now the adrenalin is really pumping and the time will pass exponentially, time really flies when you're having fun. Then the time will come for us to finish shooting and you'll most likely be quite hungry. While you duck out for some food, I am processing your images for your viewing appointment on your arrival back with a full belly.
This is now when you finally get to really really see yourself,. This process can take a while, from experience it's a tough gig picking out so many favourites! I will help you through the selection process, making sure we stick to your budget and that you're completely happy with your final selection. The balance of your images is then required, or any other easy options like inhouse payment plan or interest free finance can be set up.
Image editing can typically take anywhere between 3-4 weeks and an extra 5 weeks for albums or prints. Please consider this time frame when booking if you need your images by a certain date.
Fast forward to when your images and products are ready, you'll receive an email with a link to schedule a time straight into my diary for collection. I will need you to inspect everything before you go, and hey why not take a peek at them all! If I have permission, I will take some photos or videos for stories to remember your excitement. I do not post your goodies as they are too precious to me. If there is no other way, then under special circumstances I can post your items for a postage fee of $35, payable before sending. If you would like someone else to pick them up on your behalf, I will need notification via email first, and your nominated lucky human will need to present some ID before I hand anything over. I do this for your safety!
That's it for now beautiful!
If there is anything I should add this guide, or you have any questions please let me know! I'm so excited to shoot with you soon,
We wish to acknowledge the custodians of this land, the Wadjuk (Perth region) people of the Nyoongar nation and their Elders past, present and future. Candice Anne Photography acknowledges and respects their continuing culture and the contribution they make to the life of this city and this region.
We are an all-inclusive small business that endeavours to continually educate ourselves on how we can support marginalised communities, including LGBTQIA, persons of colour and people with disabilities while acknowledging and exercising humility about our privilege.