Once you've booked, now what?
Preparing for your session is a fundamental part of your experience. Not only for yourself, but for us too! So I have listed some quick and easy steps and tricks to help you better prepare, both physically and mentally.
5 Days Before
- If you wax or shave, do so a few days beforehand to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely groomed and shaped.
- If you intend on visiting the hairdressers for a haircut or colour, do so a few days beforehand to make sure you’re happy with it.
- A manicure and pedicure with a French or painted finish always give a nice touch.
- Stay out of the sun! Blotchy red skin doesn’t photograph well.
- If you intend on getting a spray tan, I highly recommend Makeup Art Direct by Siobhan in Atwell. Her spray tanning art is second to none! Otherwise, please avoid them.
- Drink plenty of water and keep hydrated.
- Try on your intended outfits and make sure they fit comfortably. Steam or iron to remove any wrinkles and hang them properly.
- Start stretching! Some of the posing will have you use muscles that you're not used to. Everyone who has done a session will agree, it's like a workout!
1 Day Before
- Bathe and moisturize. Wash your hair the day before, not the day of.
- Ensure all your items are packed and ready to go to avoid a mad, stressful rush in the morning.
- Make sure you know where you are going and plan your journey to avoid being late and rushed.
- Have a relaxed, quiet evening and a good night’s sleep to feel energized and refreshed in the morning.
- The studio is located at Level 1, Manning Building, 131 High Street Mall, Fremantle. Best to park in Kings Square Car Park to avoid possible parking tickets. Expect to be with us for 3-4 hours.
- You can prepay for your parking at a cheaper rate at the Secure Parking Website.
The day of
- Use clear deodorant to avoid stains and white marks.
- Wear loose fitting clothes to your session to avoid red marks and indents on your skin. Try to avoid bras and tight underwear.
- Eat a light but a filling breakfast before you leave.
- Arrive with a clean and moisturised face if you are getting pampered.
- MOST IMPORTANT: Relax and let’s have a good time!
- Choose clothing and items you instinctively select when you want to feel and look sexy or even bring your partners shirts to surprise them!
- Pick or buy clothing/lingerie that makes you feel comfortable and beautiful. Let your personal style and own personality shine through. A list of recommended lingerie brands are listed below.
- Feel free to bring personal and meaningful items to personalise your shoot. This could be certain lingerie, your partner’s business shirt, items that represent your life and hobbies. Think outside the box.
- BODYSUITS are hot and flatter EVERY body shape, they help you feel secure and look amazing.
- Buy lingerie and clothing that don't fit you properly.
- Buy any Babydoll Lingerie. They are pretty but very rarely flatter anyone’s body shape on camera and don’t photograph well. You'll be better off naked which is far more flattering than ANY lingerie!
- If you intend on getting a spray tan, PLEASE book with the ONLY Spray Tanner I personally suggest, Makeup Art Direct by Siobhan in Atwell. I have to say it again. It's easier to give your skin a nice glow in post processing than it is to even out and remove the orange tone from a tanner that I don't trust. Non Professional spray tans DO NOT PHOTOGRAPH WELL.